Applications for our 2021 Cohort of OPEN Boston's Mentorship Program are closed.
OPEN Boston’s Promise:
Bringing together entrepreneurs, senior corporate leaders, and educators with early stage professionals seeking career growth, OPEN Mentorship aims to provide a deep, rewarding and lasting impact for all participants. If you're seeking to launch a business, the program offers coaching on strategy, building a team, marketing, product launch, and getting funding. For those seeking to accelerate or change their careers, your mentor can help you to learn how to manage a transition, networking, personal brand building, and navigating an organization.
Our mentors include senior executives and successful entrepreneurs with global experience. You do not have to be an entrepreneur or have a business concept to apply, and the program is free for all participants. Potential mentors are welcome to apply as well.
Each Mentee/Mentor pair will also be assigned a sponsor from OPEN, who will check in midway through the program and be a resource for any questions or concerns. We will offer the opportunity to switch mentors at this time as well depending upon each individual need.
Applications are due by January 6, 2021.
Focus of Mentorship Program:
- Developing life-long learning habits
- Exploring career changes or graduate school
- Exploring new business ideas
- Scaling existing ventures
- Progressing within larger enterprises
- The program will run from January 7, 2021 to June 30, 2021.
- Each Mentor/Mentee pair should plan to meet by video or phone six times during that time period. We will also plan a workshop on lean techniques and a virtual group lunch halfway through the program.
- The program is mentee driven. Mentees are responsible for identifying what they want to accomplish through the program and for initiating and scheduling the meetings.
- Participants must be over age 21.
- The mentoring program is not intended to be a job search program or for direct fundraising.
- Anyone interested in serving as a Mentor or Mentee needs to complete the attached application and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD January 06, 2021.
If selected for participation in the program, applicants will be notified by late June and will be expected to attend a kickoff meeting (date TBD) to meet their mentor and review success factors and expectations for the program.
"The mentorship program was a great opportunity for me to get high quality sincere advice on pursuing my professional goals. Each session with my mentor led to significant value-add for me personally and professionally, and provided the critical and constrictive feedback I was looking for. I was able to validate my ideas, and formulate a better strategy to pursue my goals." Ahmed S. Malik, Co-Founder Radian Jeans